Monday, May 7, 2007

Busy...Fun

What a busy, fun weekend we had. My baby M is 7 years old, as of Friday, May 4. I can't believe he's that old. I can't believe I am through having babies.
Last week was Teacher/Staff Appreciation at our school. We had such a spoiled week. We got breakfast one morning, and flowers, and goodies, and Jamba Juice, and massages and a wonderful luncheon on Friday. What a nice week. (Which reminds me I need to write a Thank you note or two!). Friday, as previously mentioned, was my youngest child's birthday. He wanted a party, but, with the luncheon and another surprise party to go to that evening, we had to postpone it. Which is fine, because it gives me two more weeks to procrastinate.
Saturday, my daughter was in the local spring parade. Which she didn't want to walk in. She complained and whined and fussed about it the whole time. She looked great out there. And, I got to see two girls from our school who are Native American, dance. I loved it. And they were so excited to dance for me.
Let's see, Cinco de Mayo! We went to a friend's bar to watch a local band perform, and that was fun. My One Tru Love wasn't feeling well, so I took him home early, and then I went back and I had a blast! It was fun, and I didn't get home until 1 am. OH, did I mention I forgot my house key? 1 am and I am opening the window trying to wake up the boys (who were having a sleepover) in the living room. It brought back those high school days memories.
Then, Sunday, Spiderman 3!!!! I loved that movie. It was fun. I took the boys and R.
Now, we're getting ready for the next relaxing (NOT) weekend. R is competing in Reno. We're leaving Saturday late morning for that and won't be back until late Sunday night. I am a little disappointed that I won't be seeing my boys on Mother's Day. I'll be with my daughter and my mom, just not my boys.
But, overall, even with all of the running around, I had a great weekend. I spent it with my kids, and I guess that is what makes it great.

No comments: