Sunday, September 9, 2007

Oh! What a Beautiful Day!

Wednesday, the 5th, was my birthday. I am 29 (for the 7th time!). I had the most amazing day.
I woke up at 5:30 as I do every morning, and shuffled to the computer to check my email, and catch up on any overnight news. Really, it's how I give myself an extra 10 to 15 minutes to wake up. Hanging on my computer was a sign, it said, "Good Morning, Sunshine! Are you ready to go hunting?" Then I turned it over and it directed me to the refrigerator. I opened the refrigerator, and there is another card with instructions to look in the pantry. I looked there and found the instructions leading me to the oven. There I found a beautiful card that my daughter made for me. She is a budding photographer, and had taken a picture of a telephone shaped bronze music box that we inherited from my husband's grandmother. I can't describe the beauty of the picture. Inside was the gift of a pedicure given by my daughter. I cried. Happy, touched tears.
My boys woke up and told me happy birthday. My One Tru Love FORGOT. We went to school, I dropped the boys off and decided to treat myself to a decaf frappucinno and a cinnamon roll. I got back to school, my son C's class was lined up outside of his classroom, I didn't pay much attention, and as I walked past them, they broke out in song. Happy Birthday...of course. It really made me smile. As I made my way to the office, every student and staff member wished me a happy birthday. I figured my boys had been busy. NO. The principal announced at flag salute to give me a hug and wish me happy birthday.
I got pretty much 430 hugs. I loved it. It was great. My good friend Trish brought me a decaf iced mocha (it was so delightful). A 6th grader organized the K-2nd graders lunch to sing to me. The middle schoolers sang to me. It was so moving. I really felt loved and happy all day.
My One Tru Love was reminded that it was my birthday, and he made a rush purchase at a day spa for a massage for me. Which I am completely excited about. All in all it really was such a wonderful day.
My "adopted son" (my son T's best friend who calls me mom) got me a cute little teddy bear holding a heart saying Love is Mom and the sweetest card. I was truly spoiled like I've never been spoiled before.
As a mom, T.A. and yard duty supervisor (I know, such a fancy title), it's easy to feel unappreciated and unnoticed. September 5th really showed me that I am appreciated, loved and that I have touched the lives of the kids I work with everyday.
I have to say that I woke up that morning, feeling pretty low. Just one of those mornings, I drug myself out of bed, tired, and just not anticipating a day of work, and I was rejuvenated over and over. Truly, what a beautiful day!

2 comments:

Sheesha said...

Ummm....Where was I? I'm at Flag everyday and I missed this?....So sorry! Glad to hear it was such a great day - you deserve it!....

Tricia said...

Well- i was just going to say- You deserve it!