Tuesday, January 23, 2007

And it goes on....

I have such a busy life. I feel like I am running in a hundred different directions at once. I really question my own sanity at times like this. This week has become the week from the Nether World (my New Year's resolution was to clean up my potty mouth). It's only Tuesday. I wish it were Friday. I feel like the days are lasting forever. There is so much to be done and not enough hours in the day to get it done. I'm having a hard time fitting in the fun stuff.
I have a 10 year old melting down before my very eyes, and I am fresh out of energy. I work with kids all day. I have to deal with their behavior and help them make good choices. Sometimes, I just want to leave work at work. But, I have children, so I work at my "job" 24/7. I just want to be off sometimes. What is off? When you're a mom....is there an off? I am getting tired and burnt out. Not really from my job that I get paid money for, but from my babies. My darlin' little angels. The bickering, the fighting, the melting down, the dinners, the lunches, the homework, the classes, etc., is wearing me thin. I was looking at vacations online, and dreaming of being independently wealthy. Having the means to book a two day vacation to Vegas for next weekend, just because I want to. Reality says, that is impossible. I have four kids, housework, work, and bills to pay...not happening anytime soon.
I'm working on booking a flight for my daughter. We were unable to pay for the Washington D.C. trip that the 8th graders go on, so, my aunt who has no grandchildren (not by her or her children's choices), has invited her down to LA for the week to visit Disneyland, the beach, Hollywood, etc. She is ecstatic, I am jealous.
I am just beyond...what I don't know. I just know I am beyond. I was invited to a movie night with some coworkers, but, I lack the energy to go out. I left my house at 7:35 AM and didn't get home from my job, my children and my life, until 5:45. Fortunately, our cook at school gave me leftovers and there was enough to feed my family dinner, so that was one less thing I had to do...but, laundry was waiting. So, as I write this, I am listening for the buzz of the washing machine so that I can do the laundry shuffle. It really never ends. There are dishes piled high in the sink, the living room is a mess, and my 14 year old is asking me about the XYZ Affair. No clue. Goodness, I am really ready to cuddle up in my bed and relax...
Oh, and on top of all this stuff...CRAMPS! ARGH! I guess that's what makes it 100 times worse.

No comments: