Friday, January 19, 2007

What a week!

What a week I have had. Holy cow. With four kids going in four different directions and trying to maintain some sort of sanity for myself...I don't even know how to end that sentence. What a week. That about sums up my feelings at the present moment.
The week began smoothly and calmly enough. Monday was a day off of school and work. It was a relatively enjoyable day. My mom came down to visit for the day. I really enjoyed spending time with her. It seems like we just don't spend enough time together. The kids all were doing one thing or another, but it was a nice easygoing day. Then Tuesday hit. With a vengence. Work and school began again and all the fun that goes with that. T had guitar after school. Fortunately, the meeting previously scheduled for Tuesday was postponed to Wednesday...which solved quite a few logistics problems for me. But, I was exhausted after a long day at work. I took my son to guitar and decided to make a quick run to Salvation Army to donate some clothes and then race back to wait for him to finish up. Errand accomplished in record time, I decided to spend the remaining 20 minutes of his lesson reading a fascinating book I recently bought. Paradise Alley is the title and I am thoroughly enjoying it, and desperately wishing I had more than 10 to 20 minute snippets to read it in. At any rate, I opened my book, to relax, listen to a bit of music, and read, when I felt my eyes getting heavy. I decided to lay my head back for "just a minute". Next thing I know, T is opening the car door ever so gently, and timidly saying "Mom?" My eyes flew open. T's lesson was over. I had fallen asleep! He tells me as we are driving away that when he walked around the corner and saw me with my head back, eyes closed and mouth open, that he got scared and was afraid that I was dead! He's 12 and a bit on the melodramatic side. We got a good laugh out of that one, and I got a power nap!
Wednesday was ever so busy, with the meeting I attended that stretched to one and a half hours. Raced home to get some dinner made and to dash my 12 year old to youth group. Then to good ol' Wally world for the necessities, then back to pick T up from church and rush home to finish up homework.
Thursday...Pizza night, and who is heading up the bake sale? Yep, you guessed it...me. So, I was home all of 40 minutes before I had to rush over to Round Table to sit at a table being tempted by cookies and brownies, all the while shelling quarters out to my three boys like there's no tomorrow. It was a fun night (it always is) but another late one!
Then today. Friday. My easy day. Yeah right. Work in the morning. Pick the boys up at noon. Out to lunch. Take C to a friend's house. Home for all of 1 hour then off to band practice for T. Took M to Toys R Us to spend the last of his Christmas money. Back to pick T up from band. Run to the post office, stand in line forever, only to find they lost the letter I am there to pick up. Over to pick C up from his friends house. Home. Run to store to pick up a few things for dinner. Back home to eat and relax. And now, it's almost midnight and I can't sleep. I think I'm over tired or something, that or My One Tru Love's snoring is affecting my ability to sleep peacefully. Hmm.
At least tomorrow is Saturday. Let's see what's on the agenda...nail appointment for me (my one true luxury) and then a hair appointment for me...then nothing except laundry. I'm holding out to keep it that busy...I think that I have a date with My One Tru Love on the books for tomorrow night. Hmm, I think I can handle that.

No comments: