Monday, March 19, 2007

Happy Monday

I just spent probably the busiest weekend in a long time. It all started on Friday morning. R, being an Irish step dancer, is in high demand around St. Paddy's Day. So, beginning Friday, I became the drive her where she needs to be mom. Taxi service, whatever... Then, Friday afternoon, I got a phone call from my hairdresser, telling me that my long awaited and planned to perfection hair appointment scheduled for two hours before the big event at our school was to be postponed due to sick children. I understand, but, my goodness, the plans I made were so perfect...shot to the nether world. My house was a disaster, and my parents were due to arrive before 9 am Saturday. Aaaah. I had to take C to a birthday party, R to a dance, and make dinner. Holy Cow#*&! I tried to clean as best I could between driving everyone where they needed or wanted to be. Then, my girlfriend called and wanted to meet for coffee. Which anyother time would be great, but, I felt so frazzled already. I agreed to meet her at 9 pm. She is my friend who lost her dad to suicide this Christmas. She needed to talk. I tried to listen, but there were a million things going through my head. She's leaving today for TN to go through her dad's belongings. Not a fun task for sure. I got home late, went to bed to sleep like ca ca. I woke up before 7 am, to do dishes, before my mom and dad got here. Then My One Tru Love asked for pancakes and eggs for breakfast! The nerve. I cooked breakfast, rushed R to CSUC for a performance and then to Windchimes for another performance, ran to pay the PG&E and phone bills, dashed over to pick up My One Tru Love's dry cleaning, and then scurried home. Then it was time to get ready for THE Event. My friend S came over to get ready, we ran to get a pizza for the kids came home picked up My One Tru Love and made it to THE Event. It was fun, I wasn't feeling the greatest. I had a headache and was feeling generally lousy. But I tried to make the most of it. Then, Sunday, grocery shopping and Science project for C. After a horrible night's sleep, M decided for the third time in three weeks that he didn't want to go to school. Today was pajama day at work, so I was in my pajamas dragging my 6 1/2 year old across the field in front of my coworkers and all the 5, 6 and 7 grade students. Not my finest moment to be sure. I plopped little Mr. M in front of the principal's office and went to begin my day at work. He ended up in class with a smile, don't know or care how...he just did. I was emotionally and physically exhausted by that time...frustrated to no end, but at least he went to school. Now, here I sit at 4:30 trying to decide what to make for dinner, and debating between laundry and a quick cat nap, since I'm still not feeling jet hot. Tomorrow has to be better, right? My One Tru Love is supposed to be out of town this weekend, and I'm not sure if it will be a good thing or a bad one. The jury is still out.

No comments: