Monday, March 12, 2007

Sick

T got the flu last week. The second day of his restriction he came down with a 102 + temp. Sick sick sick little boy. I felt horrible for him. He was sick for a full five days. I finally sent him back to school on Friday since it was a half day and he hadn't run a temp since Wednesday night. Besides, he was getting bored, a sure fire sign that he was feeling better.
Saturday morning C told me he thought he was getting strep throat. Everytime he gets a sore throat since having strep he tells me that he thinks he has strep throat. It's that panic reaction, I know, I do the same thing since having strep, and I really am afraid I'll get it again. Anyway, a peek into his throat showed no signs of redness whatsoever and no white spots. No indication of strep or even a sore throat. But, his temperature was a tiny bit elevated. By that evening he was running 101. Last night we hit the mark of 102.8. He went back down last night after a ibuprofen/tylenol cocktail and now, as we speak he is rising again. He's up to 100. Poor guy.
M woke up this morning with goopy eyes and saying his ear was hurting a bit, also had a naggy cough. No temp as of yet, and his eyes look good, hasn't complained about his ear, and the cough disappeared...so maybe? Yeah right I know I shouldn't delude myself. I really don't want him to get really sick and I really really don't want to get sick.
Needless to say, I'm home from work today caring for the ill. I have gotten so much done. I wonder now why I couldn't get anything done before when I was a stay at home mom. Oh that's right I had little tiny kids. That does make a difference. I have gotten the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen cleaned and I am working on the third load of laundry, I still have some folding to do, but I thought I deserved lunch. Then, I guess I tackle the toys in the living room and clearing off the table. Then I think I'll make a nice dinner.
C is calling me so I must go nurse my sick boy.

No comments: