Saturday, July 7, 2007

"I HATE family camping..."

This is the note I woke to this morning. From my lovely daughter. We are planning a relaxing four day camping trip at Collins Lake. We are taking the boat and hanging out at the swimming beach, fishing, swimming, being a family of 6. We decided that our additional "adopted" children are not invited to this trip, as it is our FAMILY camping trip. Lovely R wants her best friend to come, and has commenced strategies to try to break us down. At 10 pm she came into our room to essentially ask (for the 3rd time) if A could come with us. We both said no, and she started to tell us how she wasn't going then, and that we were being mean because she would be bored to death. Oh, like I never said that when I was 14. Anyway, she continued to whine and complain, and we sent her out. Then, stupid stupid stupid us, we started to discuss whether we were right in making this a family trip. Because of her darn whining.
I expect that the next few days will be hell because she will beg, plead and whine every chance she gets. Her note said, "I HATE family camping. I would rather go to Weed for Carnivalli or have A come with us." A will be with her grandparents in Weed if she can't come with us. So, I guess she will be in Weed. And R is not going to Carnivalli in Weed, because she will be family camping, which she hates.
As for the family camping trip, I am looking forward to it. I enjoy camping, when there are flush toilets. The campground we are going to is a little pricey, but, I feel like it's worth it. Because of the private lake we will have full access to. We are planning a day on the lake on the boat. The other full day we will spend just lounging around at the beach, and relaxing. The other two days we will be there will be arrival and departure days, those are never relaxing. At any rate, I am looking forward to it, as are the boys and My One Tru Love. I am planning on making a trip to the local used book store to stock up on some books for R and me, and then I will be making a trip to the comic book store for the boys. I really want to just be with the family for a few days. R is so rarely around these days, she's always off at a friend's house, or the mall, or the movies, or Farmer's Market. Or, she has a friend over and is holed up in her room. We have so little time left with the 6 of us all together. I am holding fast to this decision, but, I can see that it will not be without repercussions. Oh, well, I will live, and maybe she actually will have a good time.

No comments: