Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sleepover

My darling daughter finally succeeded in getting me to allow her to have a sleepover with the Fab 5 (the name of her and her 4 best friends). I have resisted and resisted up until now. My One Tru Love and the boys went out of town for the weekend, so she begged, pleaded and cajoled me into letting them all come over for a sleepover.
Fortunately, she is a good girl, so I didn't need to worry too much about sneaking out and boys and such. But, they giggled and talked and made popcorn until about 4 am. I fell asleep and was awakened by the microwave beeping. As I type, they just got up and are enjoying a breakfast of bagels and english muffins. They are absolutely great girls.
Last night we had Alfredo pasta with chicken and salad and bread. They used the green cut crystal goblets to drink their pink lemonade. I put a little effort into this sleepover, since more than likely they will be few and far between. My One Tru Love maxes out at one extra kid in the house. I don't mind the excitement. But, he gets a little crazy. So, I restricted any overnight activity to his away times. I expect him home sometime this afternoon, and I have a feeling that I will still have the Fab 5 here.
I just got sidetracked. The Fab 5 were playing army guys at the table and milk got spilled. Don't ask. These girls are so fun. They are in no hurry to grow up. They are just enjoying being were they are. I am so glad that R found these girls to hang out with.
All in all, my relaxing weeekend ended up not being so relaxing. I ended up beginning my Friday evening by cleanning the bathroom, and then moving on into the kitchen. I had to get the laundry done, and the house spick and span for the Fab 5. I spent the entire day Saturday doing that. I had to run to the store and Blockbuster for last minute food and movies. I didn't get into the shower until about 3 pm. The girls got here at 3:15. Yes, I was still naked, and wet...it was quite an experience. Anyway, then I spent the evening cooking for the girls and then I was banished to my room, they got the living room. Oh, to have a house with a family room. Then, I listened to them most of the night, earplugs at 3:45 and then I woke with my darn internal clock at 7:15. Then I tried to keep M quiet for the morning, so that the girls could sleep. Any way, that is the brief overview of my relaxing weekend.
I think I'll go to the pool today and really relax, after the fabulousness leaves my house.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

...after the fabulousness leaves... love that! Sounds like summer at your house!