Friday, February 16, 2007

Preparations

We are preparing for feis (pronounced fesh). R is competing Sunday in San Francisco. She is excited. She spent her entire vacation having a cold and dancing her butt off. She went to dance class three times, sick, and feels totally unprepared. Which is typical. I think she'll do just fine. But, her nerves are on end. I am not looking forward to going this time. We are staying in a hotel I have never stayed in, in a part of town I have never been. I am getting her cold, and am feeling rather icky. But, she invited a friend along, and we will try to have fun. I think we're going to the zoo tomorrow for the day and then we'll spend a little time at the beach. Then we can go to the hotel and relax. Perhaps we'll go out to dinner, or order pizza in. I'm not sure. I just know that at night I start to feel really worn out. So, we'll see.
I have a friend who was planning on coming with us to SF, but she backed out on me. Which I am finding is rather typical. I'm a bit annoyed, but I'll get over it.
I got the deal of a lifetime today. My boys' school hosts a formal event every spring, a silent auction. The dress up night we all look forward to. I thought that today I'd run to Mervyn's and see if I could see anything interesting. I was surprised to find racks of $1, $2 and $3 clothing! I was so excited that I forgot about my auction dress goal. I found two really cute tops for $2 and $3. My girlfriend and I were leaving to make our purchases, when a scrap of lace caught my eye. I pulled out the cutest dress! I figured it was on the wrong rack and checked the price...$3! I went and tried the dress on, it was a bit too big, but that is easily remedied, easier than a bit too small. The straps need minor adjustments, nothing too exciting, and fortunately for me, my mother in law is an excellent seamstress. At any rate, I fell in love with the dress immediately! I decided to buy it. The cashier was a dad at our school, My One Tru Love is working on their vehicle this coming week, and he gave me his discount! I got my auction dress for $2.55! I am so excited! I can't even contain myself. I showed My One Tru Love and he thinks the dress is beautiful. My deal of the year!
Well, I have packing and laundry waiting ever so patiently for me to complete, and I am getting a little tired...like I said, by the evening time, I am feeling a little worn down with this cold. So, next post will contain results from the San Francisco Feis 2007.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

So, K bookmarked your site- had no idea you really started one. I read today's and will now spend sometime catching up... Did you perhaps find me something to wear for the gala? mmmm, maybe just a bit larger??? ;)

TruLove said...

They actually had some really cute things! I don't know how long that sale lasts. I am the queen of sales...If it isn't a bargain, I don't buy it. Your are so funny!