Monday, April 2, 2007

Spring Break

Well, today was the first day of Spring Break. It started off at 5:55 am with a phone call from my dad telling me that my grandma was having another heart attack, and they were trying to stabilize her. He needed to get the phone number for my aunt, he and my mom rushed out of the house to get to the hospital when they got the call. She made it through this one with the help of a nitro drip along with a morphine drip. The dr. recommended an angioplasty. She refused. She called my aunt and her husband and told them that she loved them and told them good bye (which, by the way really upset both of them), then told my mom good bye and that she loved her, then she kicked my dad out of her room (she didn't tell him good bye or anything else). Around noon I got the call that she had decided to have the angioplasty, at 2. They were able to open up the one artery that was 80-90% clogged and unable to open the other one that is 90% clogged. She refused open heart surgery. So, my mom is doing OK. My aunt is having a blast in LA with my daughter. I am just here for my mom and my aunt.
R just called me and told me that she is having a great time. She shopped for 5 hours at the mall. She had a blast. She sent me some pictures and it looks like everyone is totally enjoying themself (selves?).
My boys have spent the day fighting. Which was rather annoying since I was busy trying to find out what my mom might be needing. I had to get a flat tire fixed, so I sat in Les Schwab for an hour today. But, I don't have a flat tire anymore! I didn't get any housework done, but that will have to happen tomorrow. I have a hair appointment in the morning. I am looking forward to an hour to myself.

No comments: