Monday, April 30, 2007

Craziness continues...

Wow, the last two weeks have been crazy around here. Our school began state testing (what fun.) two weeks ago, and I have been immersed in testing ever since. I can't wait until Thursday when testing is DONE (make ups right now!).
R competed in San Francisco nearly two weeks ago. She competed on the 22nd. She did well. She took a 1st, 3rd, and 5th. She is competing again on Mother's Day in Reno. If she gets another first she raises a level. She is really excited about that.
Friday my baby will be 7. I can't believe he's that old already. I keep forgetting he isn't a baby anymore. But, I guess he'll always be my baby. I was trying to throw together a last minute birthday party, but that fell through with the incredibly busy weekend we have in front of us. R is marching in the city parade this Saturday and I have an appreciation luncheon on Friday.
I have a confession to make...
I overloaded the washing machine Sunday night. I took the weekend off from laundry (not my most brilliant idea) and at 8 pm decided I should wash some darks...I loaded the washing machine. And, when I say I loaded it, I LOADED it. I overheated the washing machine. It shut off and wouldn't work for several hours. I got in trouble....because I hadn't washed My One Tru Love's uniforms for work yet. So, at 9:30 in the evening I was at the laundromat washing one load of uniforms. The washing machine is working fine now, and I think I learned my lesson...don't overload the washing machine.
I am doing well with my no caffeine-no soda life. I haven't had caffeine (other than the small amount in decaffeinated coffee) and no soda since April 5! Wow! Almost a month of being a caffeine free-soda free woman. I don't see much of a difference in me, other than I don't have to have a cup of coffee in order to function properly. I am trying to drink at least 64 ounces of water everyday (which means I am peeing about twice that amount!). Now, all I have to do is start to exercise. I realized that in the last 19 months I have lost 32 pounds. I am only 6 pounds off of my goal weight, I think that exercise (or I could hold out for another bout of illness) may get me where I want to be. Oh, who cares! I like how my clothes fit now...who wants to exercise?
Well, the boys have homework! I have to go be a mom!

1 comment:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I had to read the first paragraph a couple of times cuz I kept reading "taste testing" instead of "state testing." lol. I think I need MY cup of coffee! Wow. Go YOU!! I don't know that I'd be able to cut that out. Good luck. And BOO on excercising. I don't like to sweat. Can't we just have gorgeous days everyday? Then I'd walk all the time!