Friday, June 15, 2007

Camping for Father's Day

So, we're camping for Father's Day. How crazy am I? Camping is so much work. I keep telling myself that it'll be fun, once we get there. But, then there is the fact that we're leaving at about 5 pm today only to come home Sunday morning after breakfast...which will be at the crack of dawn...because we're camping.
We are going to have a nice time, I'm sure. But all the planning, packing, shopping and energy that goes into getting ready to go on a two night, one day trip is just ridiculous! My living room is full of tents, sleeping bags, camp boxes, clothes, etc that need to be packed into the truck when My One Tru Love comes home from work.
It has been quite warm here so far this week, so it will be really nice to get up and out of the heat. I think that the high is supposed to be like 90 (which is cool compared to the 102 + we have had this week), and the low like in the 50's. I think that will be nice. The fire hazard is high right now, so I don't know if we'll be able to have a campfire or not.
We are tent camping...with three boys. My daughter is not coming with us. Her best friend in the whole wide world (since Kindergarten) is having her birthday party on Saturday. So we let her stay with A for the weekend. No girl company, and pit toilets! Ugh.
So far this first week of summer vacation has been full of nothing! My oldest son went to an outdoor sports camp, I have to pick him up in a few hours. I know he has been having fun. I let myself off of all work this week. Just the basics, dishes etc. I know that it will wait, and I deserve time off. I will start all of the cleanning and keeping up next week. T and I are starting the Couch to 5K program Monday, and I am actually getting a little excited about exercising. Hopefully, running will be a good outlet for the emotional angst my darling boy is heading into. He's almost 13 and the hormones are raging! So hopefully, the running will help with the anger outbursts. Besides, I need to get into better shape. Maybe I need the outlet for all of the craziness in my life.

No comments: