Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Shoes make a difference

Well, I did my Wednesday run. I feel really good. I figured out why it was so hard for me on Monday...the story...
I bought some cute $13 "running" shoes at Wal mart (yeah yeah I know, I'm cheap, and what do you expect from Wal mart) anyway...I wore them on Monday, instead of my Adidas (Costco...still a deal) and I couldn't run. My feet and my shins were hurting, and I thought it was because I was so out of shape. Then, yesterday I did my easy day, and walked with T. Again, my feet were killing me as were my shins and I had a blister the size of a quarter on my heel. So...this morning, I woke up trying to give myself permission to not exercise. But, I had promised T and my "adopted" son RV that I would run with them. So, I put on my old trusty Adidas, and went out there. I ran. My feet did not and do not now hurt. My shins don't hurt. I feel great! I ran for the full minute 5 times. Woo hoo! I felt great. So, payday is Friday, and I think that I'm going to head out to Costco and see if they have my good ol' running shoes. They are $30 and I realize that it truly makes a difference.
I am heading up to Redding shortly, to have my dad give the boys haircuts, spend time with my grandma, and spend the night with my parents. We'll be heading back tomorrow late morning early afternoon. I decided we needed to start our spontaneous getaways. My One Tru Love is working on a big side job (around $800!) and isn't home in the evenings, and he is tired and not up to listening to the boys fight and bicker, so I thought I'd give him a night off from the fighting and bickering. He is doing the bulk of the job tonight. Well, I'm off to Redding. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh, I know, I know... Horrible, isn't it?