Sunday, June 10, 2007

Summer's Here!

OH! MY! GOODNESS! What a crazy last day of school! I had every intention of having a lovely emotional day, and voila! Life stepped in!
Tuesday evening C was running a low grade temp, and wasn't feeling well. I decided to keep him home from school Wednesday since it was water day and I didn't want him to get any sicker. Wednesday evening he started to complain of a bad stomachache, and diarrhea. I was up with him until 11 pm with his lower right abdomen causing him great pain. (Appendicitis?) Thursday morning he woke up at 4 am in pain and not feeling well. Nausea, and zippo appetite. (Appendicitis?) So, after much contemplation, and a curbside consultation with a parent at our school who is a doctor, we decided to take him to the ER.
We waited over an hour and saw much trauma coming in the door. It was a busy day. Finally we got in the actual examination room. They established an IV, because they were assuming appendicitis also and we did blood tests and a urinalysis. Two bags of IV (bolstice) and C was perking up. The pain was considerably less. His electrolytes were a bit high. So perhaps he was a bit dehydrated? At any rate, we were sent home with a diagnosis of diarrhea and perhaps some swollen lymph glands in the abdominal area. Don't want to know how much that cost us...
R had her 8th grade graduation on Friday morning. She was supposed to be there by 8. Yeah. She decided to start to get ready at about 7:25. We got to the school at about 8:10. My One Tru Love was irritated with R the whole morning...ugh. Then, we couldn't find a seat, because I think they put out about 50 chairs for the 300 + graduates families.
The fun part was that I ran into an old friend. Her son had been in R's Kindergarten class. I hadn't seen this friend in quite awhile and asked where her husband was. They're divorced. Open mouth, insert foot. Honestly, they were together at the beginning of 7th grade! Oh well, I think I covered well. But, it was so fun seeing her. Hopefully, she'll call me. Her son and my daughter are in the same program at the high school.
R had a graduation party yesterday. She invited 17 people and 7 showed up. She was a little disappointed. Her boyfriend didn't show up. His parents weren't home so he couldn't come. I found out that I know one of her friend's moms, and she was able to tell me that R's boyfriend is a good kid...not ready for this!
T is leaving for an outdoor sports camp. He will be gone the whole week. I hope he enjoys himself and learns a lot. He will be taking his Hunter's Safety Course while at the camp. He can get his hunting license this year.
The summer is off to a hectic start!

1 comment:

Sheesha said...

Yeah! I just got done with Bunko and feel like I can finally relax and enjoy summer break!....